Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas Part 1


This is the officer officially assigned to Jacob's school.  His name is Officer McKinney, a.k.a. Officer Smiley.  He really does smile ALL THE TIME.  He is just wonderful, really.  Anyway, as I was leaving the day of the class party, I spotted him in this getup made for him by on of our awesome art teachers. 

 Jacob's team during a game where they had to build snowmen with little marshmallows.  At the end of the minute each team had to count how many were actually standing.  At this point, which was about 4 minute-to-win-it games into the party, I had perhaps gotten a little too competitive.  Because my son, the brilliant spelling bee finalist himself, had figured out that if you smoosh the marshmallows together they would stay better.  This process took a little more time, which meant his team had less, but the "winning" team's snowmen weren't all standing.  Which I might have shouted out...and embarrassed myself in the process...

So the teacher sent out an email asking for ideas for the Christmas party; i.e. to do gifts or what.  I suggested each child bring in a $5 gift card from a food place (McDonald's, Chick Fil A, Baskin Robbins, etc) and then play a game with it.  But somehow that fabulous idea got turned down (how many times do all kids ask their moms to drive through one of these places only to have their mom say, "No, I'm not going to spend money on that"?  Well, apparently, someone thought that every kid bringing in 22 little tiny gifts to put in stockings was better.  Would you like to know what percentage of that crap was NOT thrown away by me at the end of the day? About 1%  And that was the gift we gave, which was Grinch Poop.
What is Grinch Poop you may ask yourself? Something you can buy at Kroger? Walmart? Target?  NO.  It is green M&Ms carefully sorted out from the bag of red & green ones, divided into baggies, and then a cute little poem is stuck on it.  Adorable, yes.  But really.  Why didn't I just buy a bag of crap like the other moms?
Well, as it turned out, Jacob really got into it.  Which made me happy because the boy has officially reached the stage where most Christmas related activities are "lame."
 Guess what his fave line was?  "It scared IT out of him."  Yep.

We bought a cheap stocking for him to take in but we needed to put his name on it somehow.  With glitter? With felt letters? Paint?  No, Jacob said, "don't we just have a sharpie??"  #lifewithaboy




 Because I didn't have enough to do during this holiday season, I also volunteered to help wrap the Angel Tree gifts the class had brought in.  Except it was a little bit different of an experience than I thought I was getting myself into.  I walked into the room expecting other moms and no kids-I assumed this had been scheduled during their art or music or gym class. NO.  I was the only mom, and all the kids were there.  I was going to be helping THEM wrap the presents. Yep.
Well, it was fun, and Jacob stole my phone to take a selfie :)


 Making cookies with the family!!


 We have a tradition where I give them all an early present to open and it is always pajamas.  These are Mav's.  They are adorable.  They are two pieces first of all, like he's a little person.  And they're Snoopy.  And he LOVES them.  He kept trying to grab Snoopy off of them this night.



 I made initial cookies.


 We went to the Enchanted Forest and they always have trees decorated by different companies in different themes.  And someone did Harry Potter!! It was so great.  The three of us, Morgan, Jacob, and I, have been reading the books together.  Jacob was so excited to find ornaments from all the houses.



 We Wish You Harry Christmas- haha. 




 Jaybob came down with the flu on the last day of school.  It was pitiful.  So he spent the first 4 days of Christmas break sick.


Love that he still goes in the play house thing at the doctor's office :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment