Saturday, July 20, 2013

East Tn #3 (and final)

Morgan, Mom, and I went shopping one afternoon, while Jon and Jacob, well, I don't really know what they did the whole time.  But two things happened that were picture worthy:

They spotted this funny little car in a parking lot and decided to take a pic with Jake acting like he was driving.





Drum roll please....
Jacob got his shirt he saw last year but was unable to get because of time constraints!  He was thoroughly excited and wore it most of the trip from there on out (thank goodness we spent the night with Nicole and used her washing machine;)

Here we are shopping.  Where is Mom you ask? Well, she is apparently an Olympic worthy shopper because she out-shopped Morgan and me.  We had to wander off in another direction in search of a bench.  But on the way to the bench we found this shirt!  I can't believe I didn't buy it.  What was I thinking?!  Clearly shopping fatigue had set it.


Found that bench.

We also found mustache sunglasses and a mustache ring.  What?

Them wearing their new shirts.

Playing checkers outside Cracker Barrel.  They were determined to play OUTSIDE.

These ducks hung around our hotel room.  It was odd, because there wasn't a lake or anything nearby.  Mom said, "Maybe they are somebody's pets." What?


Chillin' in the hotel.  With their iPads.  You know how it is.





In front of a souvenir shop.  Aren't these supposed to be in Florida?

On the way to Nicole's house, we stopped at some caves and took the tour. 










We weren't supposed to touch anything in the cave, and so of course the kids were all dying to touch EVERYTHING.  Finally we came to this one rock (?) that had one random smooth section.  The tour guide told everyone it would bring good luck to rub the smooth section.

We finally made it to Kid Land, I mean Nicole's house.  And of course it was awesome.  Because of course Hughes bought a giant blow up slide for his back yard.


Minutes before this, Lily walked up to us all and said, "Look at the apple I picked from my apple tree."  Nicole and Hughes didn't even know said apple tree existed, so Lily took Jacob to it.  Yep, there it is, in the corner of their yard, with apples growing on it.

At this point, Hughes and Jacob were just heading to the end of the yard to set up the fire pit for s'mores.  Why walk when you can drive?!

S'mores!



Big glob of marshmallow on his hand.

She is the messiest eater.

Nicole made this for a friend of mine who is moving to Alabama.  "Nicole? Hi. Can we come stay at your house for free, eat for free, have you and your husband entertain us for free? Oh, and one more thing, will you make me something to give to someone else?  Ok, thanks."

Reese smiling at the boy.

Mom bought Anderson a Superman cape that had the front chest piece attached to it.  Here he is saving his Bobble.

Mom's sunglasses.  First of all, they are big enough that they fit OVER her regular glasses (nevermind that she works at the College of Optometry and could get a huge discount on transition lenses...).  Second, just please take a sec to zoom in on that pattern. Yep.

An activity only a pair of boys would understand:  Anderson would climb to the top where Jacob was waiting, and ask, no DEMAND, for Jacob to PUSH him down the slide.  Like, a little violently.  I was just standing there ready to tell Jacob, "not so rough."  But then Anderson would get to the bottom and yell, "Again! Again!"

I'm pretty sure that face says, "I like you best cousin Shannon."

Sneak pic.  Lily actually chastised me after I took it.  I thought she was just feeling shy because it was the first day and we hadn't seen them in a while.  But looking back, I am pretty convinced it is because I didn't give her time to pose.

You can take the twins out of Sonic, but you can't take Sonic out of the twins.

Mom with the babies.  Babies just SENSE grandparents don't they?

Love this one.






Anderson had actually been jumping to Jacob (of course I didn't get a shot of that).  But then Morgan said, "My turn!"

A cute Lily booty (not exactly why I took the pic, but a nice bonus).  In the background Jon is throwing Jacob.



Jacob and Morgan getting along.  3 seconds later she was screaming at him to stop.  But then 3 seconds after that, she was giggling.  We really have learned to totally ignore it.

Morgan and Anderson.  In the Barbie Jeep.

Jacob driving the Argo!! In the water!! What!!  Hughes is a pretty awesome counsin-in-law.  We will keep him.

Jacob was playing on his iPad and Anderson came over to check the situation out.  Melissa, welcome to your future in a couple years.

We visited Nicole and Hughes last year also, and when Jacob started school soon after, he drew a pic of "tubeing" when prompted to draw something they did during summer vacation.  I had it hanging up in our house until the day I brought Jacob a birthday card to sign for Hughes and he said, "We should put that picture I drew in there!"  Perfect! Now it hangs in the guest bedroom at Hughes' house :)

Jacob and Anderson being chased by Morgan.

Running to catch a parachute from the fireworks.
 Jon trying to help her catch one.




The longest sparklers ever.


 Firework show by Hughes!


Lily and Morgan are apparently cut from the same cloth.  Because for dinner one night, Lily ASKED for edamame. Morgan WANTED to try it, did, and loved it.  Maybe it will go good with onions.

After a long day of fun, I look over and realize Morgan and Jacob are watching Max and Ruby with Lily.  When I took the pic, Jacob quickly looked down at his iPad.  But don't let that fool you.  He was totally into Max and Ruby.


And of course we couldn't leave without Nicole getting Morgan involved in a craft!  I'm surprised she didn't have a big family one planned.

 Her finished lantern, that really works!

The last morning the kids slept so late.  Especially Jacob.  Who, when he did "wake up," just moved from this air mattress to the couch to the car.  Barely opening his eyes during the process.
And apparently they slept GOOD.  They started out side by side that night before...

 
Just stole these last two from Melissa's blog.  Love how Jacob and Lily are playing together, while Morgan and Anderson are in the Jeep.
  
During a 3 second getting along moment.

Mom gave the kids a certain amount of money to spend on souvenirs.  Morgan wanted to buy new flip flops with some of her money, but hadn't done it by the time I lost one of mine in Gatlinburg.  So we picked out matching ones :)

Fresh new Mad Libs for the ride home.  Always classic.

And he is reunited with his XBox.


*********I just stole these from Nicole's blog.

Love these 3 people.

So glad she got one of these.  I never got a good one.

I didn't get a good one of this either.

I have truly never liked apple cobbler before this night.

I just like this one of mom.

I didn't see this happen, so I am glad Nicole got a shot of this. Lily looks so happy.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Yay for the Halo shirt!!!
    2. The ducks might be somebody's pets...that is totally something my mom would say, too. WHat?!?
    3.The cave looks cool!!
    4. I love their s'mores faces!
    5. You are so funny.. I didn't mind making the canvas at all. Plus, you guys had to DRIVE up here! We just get to sit and wait for y'all to get here! Plus, Hughes really did most of it. :)
    6. Your. Mom's. Glasses. Dying.
    7. Obsessed with my Sonic shirt!!!!
    8. The "tubeing" picture Jacob drew is totally going in a frame once I remember to buy one. I LOVE that picture!! It makes me so happy!
    9. Morgan and Jacob were SOO sweet to Lily. She requested Max and Ruby, and I told her no because Jacob and Morgan don't like that...but they both said, "It's okay. We can watch that." Precious.
    10. Matching flip flops with Morgan. So cute. She showed them to me and told me she had ones that matched you. I love aunt-niece love.
    11. The one of J and M swimming is cute (from Melissa's blog)
    12. Reunited and it feels so good... haha

    It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Come back anytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these pictures - it was a fun time. Jacob & Morgan are so wonderful with small kids, they will always give in to them & play what they want. Everyone loves have J & M around because they are such good kids.:) LOVE YOU GUYS
    Shannon, send the blog link to Michael - he didn't even know you had one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Your mom's comment about Michael not knowing you had a blog. Ha.

    2. Your mom in the sunglasses!!

    3. Morgan jumping to Jacob is precious.

    4. I live in my Sonic shirt.

    5. His picture from last summer!! So sweet!

    6. I really am commenting on every pic so I am going to stop, but it was SO fun to see y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete