Monday, July 15, 2013

East Tn #1

The drive down:  I found this game stuck back in a closet-Travel Guess Who!! I truly do not remember buying it, but it appears I bought it at a garage sale because there is a 50 cent sticker on it.  Score.




 Look at her hair.  Gorgeous.



In Pigeon Forge there is a restaurant called Huck Finn's.  They always have live entertainment and serve slaw, hush puppies, and northern beans by the huge bowl at your table, no matter what you order.  Sort of like a normal restaurant puts out a basket of bread.  Jon loves it.  We have to go every time we are in the area.


Morgan likes onions.  Of course she does.


We went to the Christmas store.  Among other awesomeness like the Grinch and Peanuts villages, there was the Christmas Vacation village.  We have a standing joke in our family that dad is Clark when it comes to the lights on the house at Christmas.

This doesn't really represent anyone in our family.  It's just classic.

The first morning Jon and Jacob woke up before the rest of us girls and went exploring.  Father-son time :)











 Leaving a pancake house.  Cutie chewing on his tongue like his Grandfather and Uncle Mike :)


 Shae, Morgan, and Jacob on the Sky Lift.




At the top.



 They did the thing where you put a penny in the machine (and 2 quarters) and it flattens the penny.  Now they sell bracelets for them.

This was, of course, aimed at Keith and Michael.

Very tempted to buy this and staple it to Jacob's head...


They wanted to buy these wooden swords.  Jon told them no, he would find them a stick later and they could do the same thing ;)


Just love Jacob's fierce, boy face here.  I am guessing Morgan is giving a lecture on how he hurt her. 



Mom wanted a pic on the lift with the kids, but of course they wouldn't cooperate and actually ride with her.  If I had specifically wanted to ride with them, they would have begged to ride with her.  Anyway, there are benches at the bottom shaped like a seat on the lift so we tried to fake it.  Here is the first attempt:  Jacob with the fake smile, Mom not paying attention, and Morgan with the exaggerated smile. In other words: normal behavior.

The 2nd attempt:  Jacob has lost interest, Mom appears to have forgotten what it is we are trying to accomplish FOR HER, and Morgan is totally cooperative. Again, normal behavior. 


And now, let's take a moment to look at Sky Lift pics through the years...
 The Original.
May 1977.  I was 4.  I remember being terrified that I was going to slip off Mom's lap.
Keith, Jon, and I went to Gatlinburg in 2002.  I think this is in a different spot, maybe taking us to that slide at the top of one of the mountain? Anyway, we all 3 didn't fit, so Keith had to ride with a random guy.

Jon and me on the actual Sky Lift.

And, apparently we went back in September that year?? What the heck...anyway, Abby (age 6) and me :)

Jon and Abby (age 13), Jake (age 5) and me in 2009.


And this year!




3 comments:

  1. I.Am.Dying. over the pics of the skylifts. Seriously, cannot even type all of the comments I want to put. The one of your mom and them faking it is hilarious. Their expressions.

    Jon is so right about the sticks instead of the swords.

    Love the pics of their "guy time".

    Of course Morgan likes onions and of course you had a travel Guess Who game. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much. First, of course: the attempts to get your mom, Jacob, and Morgan to fake the skylift picture. I particularly love your mom forgetting what was going on in the second picture. I am seriously laughing so hard that it is difficult to type.

    I just had to go back and look at them again. It is too much.

    Also...sky life through the years!!!! Look at Nanny and Aunt Paula and 4 year old you!!! AGH!!! I love it. What a fun surprise to see on your blog. And 5 year old Jacob and little Abby and you and Jon! I love, love, love all of those!!!

    "Morgan likes onion. Of course she does." Haha. I am so glad Lily requested edamame so she could discover her love for that vegetable as well.

    Jon and the wooden stick advice- perfect.

    The pics of Jon and Jacob are so good. They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you, me and grandma on the skylift. I was trying to recreate that with the kids but I am just glad Morgan finally decided to ride it. Love all of this :)

    ReplyDelete