Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sonic Shower

One of our fave employees is getting married in a month.  She likes Harry Potter and the color green. Needless to say, I ran with it.


A bunch of us chipped in and got her several gifts.  These are all the little gifts that went inside a tote bag. 


Each gift had a clue/quote from a Harry Potter book.  The gift below is a keepsake box (free from Paper Coterie:)  The quote was this:
“Where your TREASURE is,
There will your heart be also.”
(Dumbledore in Deathly Hallows)


This gift was a gift card to Walgreens to develop her honeymoon pics-which is to Universal Studios, emphasis on the Harry Potter section.  The clue was this:
“ ‘—oh yeah, an’ I still haven’t got yeh a birthday GIFT.’
Harry felt himself go red.  ‘You don’t have to—‘
‘I know I don’t have to.  Tell yeh what, I’ll get yer animal.  Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago, yeh’d be laughed at—an’ I don’t like cats, they make me sneeze.  I’ll get yer an owl.  All the kids want owls, they’re dead useful, carry yer mail an everythin’.’
Twenty minutes later, they left Eeylops Owl Emporium…Harry now carried a large cage that held a beautiful snowy owl. “
(Hagrid  and Harry in The Sorcerer’s Stone)


This was a photo album that looks like a Hogwarts Train boarding pass (a pic of it below).  Here is the clue:

“IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." 
 (Dumbledore in the Sorcerer's Stone)




 This gift was address labels with their new address and "Mr. & Mrs." (also free :)  The clue was:

“…a letter for Harry.  Harry picked it up and stared at it, his heart twanging like a giant elastic band.  No one, ever, in his whole life, had written to him.  Who would? He had no friends, no other relatives…yet here it was, a letter, addressed so plainly there could be no mistake:
Mr. H. Potter
The cupboard under the Stairs
3 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey”
(The Sorcerer’s Stone)



All the gifts were inside this bag.  What is awesome about this bag is that zipper across the middle-it UNZIPS to make the bag bigger if you need it to!! And those are her initials with her NEW last name :)
The clue was:  
"When you say you've got the Cloak, and clothes..." said Harry, frowning at Hermione, who was carrying nothing except her small beaded handbag, in which she was now rummaging.  "Yes, they're here," said Hermione, and to Harry and Ron's utter astonishment, she pulled out a pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, some maroon socks, and finally the silvery Invisibility Cloak. “Undetectable Extension Charm.  Tricky, but I think I've done it okay; anyway, I managed to fit everything we need in here."  She gave the fragile-looking bag a little shake and it echoed like a cargo hold as a number of heavy objects rolled around inside it.
(Deathly Hallows)
 ***(Do you get it??? Not only is it a bag, but it is kind of magical like Hermione's because it will get bigger and hold more things. Tee Hee)
All wrapped up!


Next, I decided I needed something for everyone to sign for Corey.  My first thought was to get a Harry Potter book with pics and behind the scenes info.  But Barnes & Noble was out of them and I didn't have time to order one.  So then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a small photo album for people to write her notes in.  But then, the next morning, while I was brushing my teeth, I had an epiphany:  wedding Mad Libs.  There had to be some right?? So I googled it.  Turns out, a bunch of people on Etsy have created those very things.  So, being that I have Garzoli blood flowing through me, I just copied and pasted them instead of buying them (sorry hard working women who just want to make some money while staying at home with their kids.)  They were all "wedding advice" Mad Libs.  What I did was number them 1-8 (because there were 8 different ones) and then typed out lists (1-8) of what each one needed, verb, noun, etc.  Then I took those typed out sheets to work and had employees fill them out, that way they couldn't see the actual Mad Lib.  Then I typed them all out and put them in the scrap book.  I was really proud of it :)


 To make this whole thing work, I went to Office Depot and looked pitiful.  Since I couldn't put the scrapbook papers in my printer, but I still wanted them to make it pretty, I needed some kind of paper to type the Mad Libs on that was see through.  An employee noticed my pitifulness and directed me to this stuff.  Awesome. I love Office Depot. Seriously. Just full of helpful people.
 This is the scrapbook I found at Michael's, on clearance+a coupon :)
The bride to be!




 She doesn't like sweets. I know, what?! So I got an edible arrangement for her.

 Reading the first clue.
 Loving the bag! :)


She couldn't figure out this clue, it was the address labels.


Photo album. 

Reading the clue for the gift card. 
 Other employees who love her so much they came up after they got off work :)

Freaking out over the keepsake box. 








 Reading the scapbook/Mad Libs
 Jon loves her. Every now and then he will work a Saturday night, just to keep the crew in line. When he does, he schedules Corey (who is normally daytime :)

***Side note: I totally went to Barnes & Noble and bought some Mad Libs for Morgan and Jacob for the cruise!! Love me some Mad Libs.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love you. That really is the comment.

    2. Garzoli blood will get you every time.

    3. The harry quotes! Swoon.

    4. The cruise...cannot wait for pics!

    ReplyDelete