Sunday, April 1, 2012

MISC.

Here are random pics that I have taken over the last few weeks.
This is at Abby's cheer banquet.


Notice the shoes below.  First of all, they are zebra striped. Second, I think she was the only girl NOT wearing ridiculous heels. Love it. Comfort rules.


First grade field trip,we walked to the fire station from the school.  How awesome is that? I tried to get a good pic of the long line of kids, it was the whole first grade, but I just couldn't. This pic only show about 1/3 of the line.

Walking with his friend Cooper...

That is Jacob right up in the front...

Again, in the front...


At the end, the chief said two kids from each class could ask a question. Of course, Jacob had one...

Hunting for rolly pollies...

Sitting in the ambulance

Group pic. He is standing in the back row, middle, next to Cadie. Not because he was put there...
Walking home with Cadie-this is the girl who he got caught passing the note to at the beginning of the year, decided he hated right before Christmas because she laughed at him when he mispronounced a word (which prompted a letter during the break), and got in trouble for calling her a name about a month ago....
After we got back to the school, we had a picnic lunch. Where they sat next to each other. She and I talked. She said, "Jacob told me I have mushy elbows." I said (while inwardly freaking out because he had touched a part of her body), "How can elbows be mushy?" She said, "That's what I said!"  Future mother/daughter-in-law...already thinking alike ;)
First track meet!! Jacob is actually enjoying track. Even though it is not through his school, the group practices at his school's track. So we get to walk/bike ride up there for practice.  Plus, anyone who knows Jacob, knows that the boy is happiest in familiar environments...Funny side note: these shorts have built in underwear, kind of a like swim trunks.  When he put them on at first, he kept walking funny, I guess because he is used to boxers and the built in underwear thing is like tighty whities...it was funny.
 The boys' group, ages 5-8

I ended up helping (of course) but it was cool because I got stationed right at the starting line!! Sweet

 Lining up

 It was quite difficult to get this smile...He was pretty pumped up the whole day. He was in 4 events:  the 100, 200, 400, and ball throw (a young version of shot put).  In between each event there was a pretty long wait, which I knew about and was wondering how he would react to.  However, when we were leaving he said, "That wasn't that bad.  I like how I got a break in between each race so we could play."  Ummm, not exactly what the breaks were about, but ok!

Jacob is on the the top bleacher, second from end on left

Jacob is far left

Jacob is in the middle at the top

6 comments:

  1. Too much to say. I will try.

    1. I love Abby's hair!
    2. Jacob in the front the entire time is awesome! what was his question? You do know that Brandon can take him all around the police department and answer every question he has if he is ever interested. He can even do his fingerprint for him.

    3. TRACK!! He is precious!! And very speedy looking.

    4. I approve of Cadie and her elbows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa stole all of my commments. Except the police thing obviously. Hughes can show him a hospital scrub hat? Not too fun.

    Cadie seems possibly Jacob worthy. I am weirdly excited that someone will get you as a mother-in-law. You will be so awesome.

    Abby is awesome with the shoes. I would definitely want to be her friend in school.

    Track!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two things to say. Probably everyone who reads your blog can figure out where Jacob is in the pictures. :) and that was hilarious about your first thought being that he touched her elbows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm, i mainly point him out for your and your sister's old eyes. no appreciation...

      Delete
    2. Well that is true.. It does make it easier. So sorry, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Jacob is an unpredictable child - he likes what you think he won't like and visa versa. Glad he likes track but hate it for you......

    ReplyDelete