Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jealous

So I just read Melissa's latest blog post about what it is like to be a twin. And I have to admit, I have always wanted to be a twin. Not to HAVE twins, but to be one. I always thought it would be cool.  But then I started thinking that I really have a special relationship with my brothers, specifically Michael.  One of my fave things about us as siblings is that we are never jealous.  A situation came up recently where something my dad did could have been interpreted in a "he loves you more than me" hissy fit, but we have just never played that game. Anyway, not to be outdone, here are some of mine and Michael's texts:


conversation during track yesterday (Morgan is running also, and we were both excited about having someone to talk to during the LONG meets. But then we got the schedule and we only have one meet together, and then the championship. Of course.)
to him:  we are going to get farmers tans, and the front of our legs will probably get tan also.
to me:  ya, its gonna suck.
to him: yep. i really did not want to have to go to the tanning bed before the cruise, but i guess i will have to now.
to me: indeed.  do you know what events he is in yet?
to him:  100, 200, 400,  and ball throw. morgan?
to me:  hvnt told us.  atleast he didnt get long jump. heard that takes forever.
to him:  why the hell hasn't someone come along and made it where the times are organized according to age groups??
to me:  ya. doesn't make anysense.  seems like there has to be a better way..
to me:  dammit. morgan got the long jump. she hates getting dirty in the sand.
to him:  she must be good at hit though if they put her in it.
to me. no shes horrible. jumps like a foot before she is suppose to jump everytime.
to me:  need us a damn tent. jacob done anything yet
to him:  nope.but someone on our team just ran to target and bought a bigass gazebo tent thing. rich people
to me:  ya everyone has them here.  these bastards have the fold out chairs that recline.  shes on a relay about to start.
to me.  they just got destroyed by bartlett.  came in 2nd.  fastest black kids alive.
to him:  damn its hot. wth have we done
to me:  ikr. all she is doing is hanging with her damn friends while i sweat
to him:  those flat running shoes are called "waffles" and you get them at break away. just asked some 9 year old. she said you tell them you are with sys and they give you a discount
to him:  jacob is about to start his 3rd thing. we are rolling.
to me:  not us. this is boring as hell.  hasnt done anything since that race at 930.
to him:  collierville folks got things to do
to me: app
to me:  she's been standing in the long jump line for 45 min.  still hasn't done another event.
to him:  (we were on the way home at this point, about 3) do you want me to pick up morgan for church tomorrow?
to me:  idk. we are still f**king here. morgan already wants to quit.

That was only some of them. we literally texted the whole 6 or 7 hours. As you can tell, we like to complain about rich people. And since I live in Collierville and he lives near Arlington, we are constantly surrounded.

then here is this morning's conversation:
to me: did u knw rocky was based on a based on a real boxer?

good stuff. i like it :)

4 comments:

  1. ha ha!! I love the resentment at the rich people with their gazebo tent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out loud, literally I woke up Lily. This is awesome. My favorite party was the long jump comments and the progressive despair over the track situation. I was getting angry and more stressed out with y'all. Hilarious.

    Track is awful. Tell Michael to let Morgan quit.

    No, she needs to stay and I want you to document more track conversations. Stupid rich people with their gazebos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I tried to warn you about how long they were. Your mom probably told him and he didn't listen..Keith and Nicole started that fun for us. I need to look for their picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not always true....you were VERY jealous of him when you were young...Keith was like your new doll but Michael was a pain LOL how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete