Monday, June 22, 2015

Florida Part 2



 We were eating at a Mexican restaurant and fireworks started going off.  Apparently they do it every week on Wednesdays in Fort Walton.


 Also, there was a random guy twirling fire...



 Then we went for a walk down this long pier where lots of people fished.  As we were walking past this one teenager he was reeling this in.  He saw us watching and asked the kids if they wanted to hold it.  I believe it is Melissa who says "teenagers are awesome."


 There is a particular souvenir shop that Jacob swears has the best tshirts.  It's where he bought his "like a boss" shirt last year.  So this year he beelined his way to the store when we went for the bike ride, took about 20 minutes picking out 3 shirts ($13 each or 3 for $30), and promptly spent the majority of his money.  Since it was only the 2nd or 3rd day, others warned him that he would regret this later in the week if he saw something else he wanted.  He did not.  I'm pretty sure his excitement for Florida revolves around this t-shirt shop.  
We have:  "I'd Flex But I Like This Shirt"
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman" 
and a toothbrush saying "I hate my job" and the roll of toilet paper responding "Oh, please."



 At some point my dad gave Morgan and Jacob money.  I was not present when this occurred.  There were, however, two MEN present (ahem, Jon and Michael) who allowed my child to put the $25 into his pocket.  Which he forgot about.  Which fell out in the pool.  Which Morgan found and showed me.  Which I had no idea could be Jacob's.  Which she, so sweetly and honestly, realized after I took this pic. 
At first we seriously thought she found money some random person had lost.  



 I hired my future daughter in law Ashley to look after my dogs while we were gone.  Clearly she is wonderful.






 Michael and Morgan totally bombed this pic.  Love it.





 Morgan, Mom, and I went to the Outlet mall.  While mom was busy going into ALL the designer purse stores (as if she was ever going to buy one) Morgan and I shared gelatto.  Win/win is what I call that.



 Love this of my buster



 We locked our stuff up in a locker before we went out to the dock for the jet skis.  So naturally I asked the complete stranger employee to take one and text it to me.  I told him he should start charging...



 We always do Morgan's hair.






 This was the first time she had ever driven by herself


Pics I stole from Michael's phone




 This is what the Converse store had for people to try on shoes. First of all, hilarious.  Second, that thin little piece of hose does not really tell a person much as to how the shoe fits with socks on. 




 Ah the broken air conditioner.  In a condo on the beach.  In Florida.  In June.


 On the last night I realized I forgot to take the obligatory picture of my feet in the sand.



 Selfies with Jon!!! Had to keep taking them to prove he had actually gone on vacation!!






 This was my purse.  Morgan declared it hers because it was "cool" and matched her outfit. When I asked her what she was going to put in there, she put a box of Kleenex.




 Jon drove with his window down pretty much the whole way down so he got a tan on the one arm.




 Trying to catch Lily jumping.  I got the splash at least.


 Jacob must have radar bc he headed straight for Zachary and they played Clash of Clans together.




 Nicole. Is. Crazy.





 Levi is telling me that he loves me best...




The old guys.  At least they were awake ;)

3 comments:

  1. So glad I went on this trip but you forgot to post the pic of us sweating in the 80degree condo temp and the fact that it was actually cooler outside. Love Bo & Vince in those hats - also, glad Jon got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked like a fun time.. so glad we got to see yall... last pic was the best....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad we missed all of this fun!!!

    Jacob;s shirts are hilarious. Also, the sock questions on instagram. I still crack up when I think about that.

    Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete