Monday, February 23, 2015

Slushes and a Snow Day. Or two. Or three. Or four. Or five.


Jacob's class was rewarded with a slush party.  My mom texted me the night before to say she was off work that next day and wanted to have lunch with me.  I told her I was doing this so she decided to go with me.  We didn't tell Jacob, so he was really surprised.


 Within minutes she had them deeply enthralled with stories about Jacob.  The next thing the teacher and I knew, she was telling them the story of when she was driving in a Kroger parking lot, had turned around to yell at her two sons, and then accidentally hit a person walking.  The moral of her story that she shared with the 4th graders? "Never try to beat a moving vehicle because you don't know if there is a crazy old drunk lady behind the wheel."  Um, what??











 That was a little burst shot action there for ya.  I do love a burst shot.
















We went sledding 2 of the first 3 days they were out of school.  On one of the days, a dad showed up with his little girl and had just so happened to bring 2 extra sleds.  I only had two, and since I had four boys with me, we were all extremely thankful he offered us the 2 extras.

Videos:


And this one is of them building a fire. Apparently Jon taught them early one morning before I woke up.  I was nervous.  It's really long.





After sledding the 2nd day they wanted me to take them to Chick Fil A and Starbucks.  I said "How about Sonic (free) and then Starbucks?"  They compromised. 
Then somehow I got them to come inside and play indoors.  This only lasted for about 10 minutes, so please do not be mislead.  And I am still finding pieces to all the games randomly throughout the house. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and memories for Jacob...and everyone in his class will not watch out for cars that may be driven by "little old drunk ladies" - happy I got to go to his room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot rememebr the last time I laguhed so hard. I mean, I can't even type correctly because I am still shaking and literally crying from the story about Aunt Paula. I love her so much. And I love that you captured a picture of her telling the stories.

    I can't even breathe.

    Love the snow day fun. And a slush party. Of course they did.

    ReplyDelete