Saturday, August 24, 2013

Jacob's 9th Birthday Party

We celebrated Jacob's birthday a week late because two of his good friends have birthdays right around the same time, which means us mamas have to coordinate or else they wouldn't be able to go to each other's parties.  This year was my year to do it a week late, and while I'm glad we coordinate, it kind of made me sad for him to not have it closer to the actual day.  But he still had a great time, of course.  Jon and I need drinks, but he is happy :)

 But first, I had to finagle some help with the THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY water balloons..
 Poor Aunt Jessie.  She texted me and said, "hey, we haven't hung out in a while, want to go to a movie Friday?"  But Jon had to work, so I didn't have anyone to watch Jacob.  So I suggested she and Morgan come over and help me set up for the party...After about the 5th balloon she said, "your text didn't say anything about 350 water balloons."  hehe.
But don't feel too bad for her, notice the margarita in the left corner...



Friend Nicholas, Miles, and Michael.  Miles, in the middle, is one of the fellow bday boys.

Ian

Ben, Hunter, Carson, Alex, Conner, Julian.  Ben, the first on the left, is the other fellow bday boy.




Marshmallow game!!
Carson on the ground, Julian dropping

Ben on the ground, Miles dropping

Hunter on the ground, Michael dropping

Conner on the ground, Ian dropping

Miles on the ground, Nicholas dropping

Snow cones!
Nicholas, Ian, Alex, Conner

Jacob and Ian

Ice Cream Game!
Miles and Carson

Jacob and Alex (these two played each other in the jamboree this morning)

Nicholas and Hunter

Ian and Julian

Miles and Carson

Showing off their muscles...
 and again...   Please notice you cannot see Jacob in either one.  That is because he is hiding behind the kid in the orange shorts. Sigh.

Jacob doesn't like cake anymore.  Kroger makes these bad boys for $10.  Sha-bam.

9 YEARS OLD.

Cutie in a dunk tank.

Ben, looking a little terrified...

Miles, looking a little bored...

Water balloon fight.  With 350 balloons.  WHAT. WAS. I. THINKING?!

Jon added to the balloon fight with the hose.





An impromptu game of football.  Always.


I got this tarp out for the kids to lie on during 2 games we were going to play.  Instead they just played on it with the hose for almost a solid hour...


Hunter

Alex

Kaleb, changing his mind...

Remnants...
 EV.REY.WHERE.

Conner
 


The invitation, made by yours truly ;)



We all had so much fun.  I really enjoyed the chaos of all the boys, even though it felt like it could all end badly at any second ;)  They sprayed me a few times, got into the marshmallows after the game and threw them everywhere, mixed so many flavors in their snow cones that they were really just drinking koolaid...but no one got hurt, and several times I heard a kid exclaim how awesome this party was.  So--Success!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like the best 9 year old boy party, ever. I can tell in the sno-cone picture that they all look a little gleeful with so many colors to pick. Haha. LOVE that they played on the tarp with the hose for so long. Of course. The dunk tank will be legend, though. Kids will talk about it for years- "do you remember when Jacob had a dunk tank at his party?"

    How is he 9? :( Sniff Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did have a good time even though I was just waiting for someone to get hit in the head with a flying ball. Jacob had fun & that is what he should be doing at 9 - great party Mama (love my little 9 year old)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking back it is quite the miracle no one did get hit in the head. or break something falling off the odd/non-safe ladder getting in or out of the tank. but jon closely supervised it.

      Delete
  3. Nine. I agree where did the time go. Party looked like a big hit. I want to come next time if there is a dunk tank

    ReplyDelete
  4. NINE!!

    The dunk tank is classic. even though his party was last of the friends, it had to be the best!

    THE WATER BALLOONS!

    Love that he only wants cookie cake.

    All of them in the dunk tank is hilarious.

    I am pretty sure that I have seen that ice cream game...

    TAKE DETAILED NOTES FOR WHEN MY KIDS ARE THIS AGE! Actually, I guess the blog is doing that, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete