Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mom of an 8 Year Old Boy Means...

Most recent dicoveries about boy behavior:

When boys hurt themselves, they don't always tell you. I went to the downstairs bathroom one day and found blood on the wall. I came out and asked, "is someone bleeding?" Jacob responds, "Oh, yea, I am." He comes over and blood is running down his leg. (just use your imagination for the pic...decided to clean it rather than take a pic of it...)

When you expect him and his friend to be excited about a sleepover involving a bunk bed, they will not be. They will want you to blow up air mattresses-NOT sleep in his sister's full bed because it is a GIRL bed- and then complain that the air mattresses not being as comfortable as their own beds. They will not compromise on who sleeps in the top bunk. So you will be up all night dealing with tired, cranky boys and forbid future sleepovers. Until you have an epiphany one night, force your stepdaughter to help you take the bunk bed apart, and put the top one on the floor making two twin beds.

His fave part of a family trip will be when his cousin tries to push him out of a speeding inter-tube into a lake:





When he puts his full football uniform on for the first time, he will ask, "are you sure these socks are supposed to be this long? Is this right?"




He will hang random Lego men on your cute, froo-froo thingies hanging from your floor lamp.


When he overhears you and Grammy discussing a recent tragic death involving a 15 year old, whose Uncle said to reporters, "the good die young," he will ask/say, "am I going to die soon? Oh, that's right, I'm not good."

BUT, they will entertain you when they do things like cough and fart at the same time, and then fall onto the floor giggling about it :)

6 comments:

  1. love all of this. the legos in the lamp things might be my favorite. the 2 beds look perfect! Love, love the tubing pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially need a boy. He is so funny. I am loving the last comment about not being good. Haha. And the socks, too. So excited to hear about football on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you saved the best comment for last. He is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This child is one of a kind (the great kind) I tricked him this weekend and I wish you could have seen his face. Saturday we went to Walmart to buy a toy (left over birthday money, that he would pay me back with) I knew he had good intentions but I would never see that money. The next day when I asked him to go get the paper for me, he said "are you going to pay me" & being the smart grammy that I am, I said yes 20.00. Off he ran, back in a flash, held his hand out and I handed him the Walmart ticket for his toy & said now you don't have to pay me back. hahaha His face was one of shock & then a big smile (gotcha Jakie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny Aunt Paula! Boys are so fun!!! My house is full of the exact opposite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *just so you know it took me SIX tries to be able to publish that comment! I can never read those captcha things! Here we go again-wonder how many times I will have to try to get this one published. . .

    ReplyDelete