Thursday, June 29, 2017

Work Fun


 Lindsey and me, wearing our Autism shirts

 Me and Hope, missing our lunch partner Betsy when she was out for surgery.

 All these girls have super long hair, and they all wear it in a pony tail.  It is just too tempting to do something like this while they are eating their lunch...


 This is Brian Hynes.  Brian is the reason people go into any type of educational type job.  Truly, he is the poster child.  His dad is non-existent, his mom ignores him.  He only gets to bathe once a week, and never brushes his teeth.  He stinks.  He has a toothbrush at school to brush every morning, and a change of clothes just in case what he is wearing is completely and unbearably gross. But he is a lover.  He just soaks it up.  And of course the whole staff loves him.  Of course he is constantly in trouble too, but we won't mention that.  This day he drew me a heart on this app.  What.


 I worked our STEM camp this year and my group played with the little sphere robots.  One day we rolled in the bulletin board paper for the kids to make mazes for the robots.  All the girls were freaking out, dreaming about having this type of thing at home to play school with. 


 Last day of school and our badges were empty!!!  We usually put our daily schedules in there, which are CRAZY and constantly changing. It was an exciting moment.


 A fifth grader named Jamison is pretty crafty.  She was always making me stuff.  Loved it.

 Our principal gave us all these "I love jeans day" tshirts when we only had 2 weeks left and told us we could wear jeans any day we had this shirt on.  We all wore it a LOT. 

 The one I'm hugging is Skylar, but I called her skittles because last year she colored her hair in about 4 different colors, she truly looked like a bag of skittles.  She and the next few pics are all leaving 5th graders.  I will miss that group so much! They were all a really sweet group.

 Ann Greer
 Carly, also a mom approved possibility for Jacob's future wife.

 Molly


 Molly and Ann Greer wrote me a goodbye letter

 My afternoon duty was to walk the north walkers out.  This is about 1/3 of the group.  

 Hunter and Delaney


 The first grade teachers gave us all Micco's gift cards (a snowcone/icecream place)

 Molly and Ann Greer, the two who gave me the goodbye letter.

 The music teacher, Mrs. Land, put together a drum show that some of the 5th graders performed at the last assembly.  It. Was. Amazing.



 Casey

 A first grader, McKenzie, did this project that was due during that last week of school.  You can see that she included the "bold eagle" and the "lebrde bell."  

 We had a school wide theme of superheroes this year.  The last week of school the PTA put selfie props up for people to take pics. This is Lindsey and me.

 Nancy, Betsy, Hope, Me, Lindsey

 Betsy, Nancy, Hope, Me, Lindsey


 One Monday morning on the way to school.  This is Michael.

 Because I married a man, I have to do everything other than yard work.  While this fact is well known and accepted by those of us who are married, young people like Lindsey don't understand why, when there are phone calls to be made, I have to do them all.  In the teacher's lounge, there are 2 phones in two little closet type rooms for privacy.  I could be found using the same one each time I had to take care of anything (Dr appointments, bill questions, etc) and Lindsey made fun of me.  I took this one day and sent it to her.
"Shannon's Phone"

 Somehow a group of teachers/moms and I got into a discussion one day about how, first of all, we only buy this brand of pencils, and second, we would pay almost any amount of extra money for the pack that is presharpend. #priorities

  This is Jessie Hanks, art teacher, football mom, smart ass, realist.  I love her, clearly.  She bought the gold sparkly Converse and I was jealous.  So I went and got the silver one.

Then one of the 5th graders bought the blue ones.

 Then one day I noticed how many girls, including me, wear white Converse.  So naturally I started taking shoe selfies.  This is Marissa, a fifth grader.  She and I both have size 11.  So we gripe together over our big feet.

I can't remember who these feet belong to... 

 These feet belong to Teewar.  She is ADORABLE.  And super sweet.

 I gave all of Jacob's teachers, including his art and gym teacher, a huge pack of Post Its. 

 We had a city (Collierville) wide trivia night.  We had to form teams of 7 or 8 and come up with a superhero name.  We were the T-Caps.  Cheap and easy.





 All the teams from CES.

Morgan is on the left, a 5th grader from my school on the right.  Every time I saw Avery I did a double take.  It was freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment