Thursday, April 7, 2016



 Abby's new boyfriend, Alex


 A cute pic Abby took one day while walking around campus.


 Hanging out after school.


Our school (all schools?) picked a week and called it "Kindness Matters" week, and the students were encouraged to write notes/draw pictures for different employees.  I have to admit that when the pics and notes first started flowing in, I was actually touched.  But then I realized they were strongly encouraged to participate by checking off a list which included "cafeteria monitor," and, well, it became less touching.  But, whatever.  None of these are actually even specifically to me, they are just ones I thought were cute or funny.
 Here we have your realistic representation of Memphis which includes FedEx planes.  The artist also remembered to include the mountains and a unicorn. 
 Just cuteness.  Mrs.  Lekenna is the cafeteria manager.

 Here we have one for the PTA.  Which is good.  Because the PTA gets a lot done.  To show her appreciation, the student chose to award ribbons to the PTA, a "1st,"  a  "2st" and a "3st" place have been included.

 We fought over which of us was supposed to be the voluptuous beauty wearing the strapless dress in the top right corner.


 Oh, this was does say it was to me, well right under "Cafeteria Ladies."


 A friend of Jacob's and his sister had to come over early one morning because their mom had a doctor appointment.  She's is 3rd grade, and declared she wanted to make a poster for the cafeteria helpers, but didn't have paper, poster, or markers.  Or an idea.  So I basically told her everything to draw, which is all the stuff in my apron:  scissors (for the stupid gogurts), ketcup packet (for EVERYTHING), a golden dragon (which is award giving out to the best table), my microphone, and my apron.


 #4  :)



 Cutie with a cowlick.


 The 5th grade gets assigned kindergarten buddies.  Here is Jacob with his.

 
 The one year old is the only one cooperating for the camera.




 ShaeShae & Roo feet, watching "MiMis" (Minions).





 Jacob had one of those "my hair isn't cooperating so I will cut it" moments that I thought only females had...



 Morgan wrote on the wall at Huey's:  Morgan was here with her awesome aunt!


 Jacob and about 6 other kids from his school played basketball for the town rec league this year.  NONE of them ended up on the same team.  So it was quite often that he was playing against a friend.  Jacob and Julian and Beau actually had a discussion about how they would not let winning or losing to each other make them argue or get mad at each other.  These pics are Jacob and Beau playing.  Basketball is so fast moving.  It's really hard to get pics bc you want to pay attention.  So basically These are all I got.




 Josh's brother got them Goose & Maverick shirts



 When you have a boy, it is completely acceptable to warp the gift in the bag it came in, print out a card you typed out on the computer, and even insult the birthday boy. 

 
 Jacob's math & science teacher has breast cancer.  I made this poster and got all the kids who have her to sign it.  Then we gave it to her at the end of lunch and yelled "we love you Mrs. Sartor." 
Which probablt almost gave her a heart attack. 


 Jacob's new fave basketball player is Stephen Curry who happens to have a signature shoe with Under Armor that costs $130.  "But mom, it has a Bible verse on it...."


 An old pic I found. 



 We built a "peepee" with his "mimi" blanket.  Josh built him an actual teepee lasr year so Mav thinks every fort or tent is one.


"Mom, take a picture of me."

An old member of a once famous rock band lives in Collierville.  Chris D'baldo from Saliva.  And yes, when he came to eat lunch with his son I asked for a selfie.  #perks



 So, yes, I bought the stupid expensive shoes.  Call me a bad mother. Jacob was pretty proud.  In the above pic he has them next to his old, much more reasonably priced shoes. 



 Lying on the table. Duh.


 The gaggle we walk to school with every morning. Alex, Beau, Julian, Cooper, Michael, Jacob, Taylor, Nikki.  Not pictured are Jocelyn and Ellie.  Yes it is crazy.  What is crazier is that they all meet at my house everyone morning at varying times-anywhere between 8 and 8:30.  We usually start walking at 8:40.


 I think this was Valentine's Day.  We went to Huey's.  And had Beau with us.  Always.



1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of the walking to school.

    Every single pic of maverick is my favorite.

    The cafeteria posters- I was lying with Reese, trying to get her to go to sleep, and I kept laughing out loud. 3rst. Hahaha. The dragon. The lady in the strapless dress. So funny.

    ReplyDelete