Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Love His Silliness

There is such a fine line between loving and appreciating the silliness of a little boy, and it driving you bonkers and making you angry.  I try REALLY hard to love it and appreciate it because I know that all too soon he is going to be grown up and all serious.  It hurts my heart to think about stealing moments of innocent childhood silliness away from him.  And I know that obviously there is a time when it is inappropriate, and that he has to learn that. But for the most part, I ADORE & CHAMPION HIS SILLINESS.

Most recent example of his silliness/awesomeness:

Jacob:  That guy looks like McCaff.
Me:  Who is McCaff?
Jacob:  You know that guy at McDonald's with red hair and really pale skin.
Me:  That is Ronald McDonald...where did you get McCaff?
Jacob:  Well that's what it says on a sign in the building.
Me:  Ohhhh, baby I think you are thinking of McCafe which is their coffee selection.

Both of us: giggle giggle giggle giggle giggle (for quite a while on that one:)

2 comments:

  1. I meant to text you the other day because I was in McDonalds and was literally giggling myself at the McCafe sign. I kept thinking about this and it was hysterical.

    I LOVE HIS SILLINESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really hysterical. Love him.

    ReplyDelete