Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Jacob's Birthday and the RipOff, I mean Fair


Jacob is 11!  He invited 7 boys, and then another neighborhood kid sort of invited himself.  So there were nine 10 & 11 year old boys at my house.  They were actually really good.  Messy, but good.




 That is the Collierville Dragon on a cookie cake.

  One of his friend's mom gave him his birthday present in a pizza box.  It was adorable.  It said, "You cannot live on pizza alone...So here's some dough!"
 


 There were 4 tvs with XBoxes.  And then a 5th tv with just tv shows going.

 We went to Mellow Mushroom to eat dinner.  We got sooooooo lucky.  We got there literally as it was starting to get busy and the patio area was mostly empty.


 Playing football before we left for dinner and the movie.

 I try really hard to keep all their stuff together...


 Most of them walked home with Jacob after school.  The onslaught...



 I stock up on all things not sugary and then hide anything with sugar.  I just throw all of this and gatorades on the table and then go to bed.  That's what you do with boys.


 This kid, Michael, literally lives about 3 minutes away from us.  He fell asleep the second he got in the car (they stayed up all night).


Jacob made it all night but then fell asleep with controller in hand at about 8:30 in the morning.




 Michael's boss gave him 2 free wristbands to the fair.  It was pretty nice.  Well, once we paid $5 for parking, $5 per kid to get in and $10 per adult to get in, it was great.  Except that once we got the wristbands--they weren't actually wristbands, they were stamps on the kids' arms so we couldn't switch users--we quickly realized that Morgan didn't want to ride anything Jacob wanted to ride.  So Michael and I still had to buy wristbands.  Ugh.  


 A game they wanted to play that was not included with the wristband.  Cha Ching....


 Morgie snagged my visor




 Morgan wanted to watch midget wrestling.  Which was horrible.  But she loved it.  And wanted her pic made with them after.  Which was another $5.  



Morgan won this little dog from that first game we played.




 And Jacob won this from a game he and I played while she got her picture taken with the midgets.  I'm pretty sure this stupid penguin cost me about $35.




But he really does love it, so it was worth it right??   I hate the fair.  I have no idea why I let Michael convince me to go.  Even he was cursing himself by the end.  Especially since it was about 200 degrees and we spend another fortune on overpriced water bottles (they wanted an icee at one point so I bought the small one and got four straws). 



1 comment:

  1. The birthday party. You are basically the best mom, ever. My favorite picture is of them running toward your house after school. Hahaha!! Funny. And terrifying. Jacob asleep with the controller in hand is my second favorite. Sign of a good party! I am sure it was the best birthday party any of them have been to, and now the birthday party bar is raised really high.

    The fair. uGH. Why does it always seem like a great idea?!! We have a much crappier version of a fair here, and somehow we still spent probably $100! On gross food and terrible games and awful rides. I need to put a note in my phone calendar around the time for the fair next year- DO NOT GO! It seems like a fun idea, but it's really not!

    ReplyDelete