Sunday, May 22, 2011

Field Day

So it is the end of the year, which means field day. LOVE IT. I was clearly more excited than Jacob, probably because he has never experienced the greatness of field day. Oh, and maybe because I am just such a school activity nerd and clearly always have been considering I have only fond memories of my field day experiences. I mean, not only did I watch Jacob's class during the event, but I volunteered, and was the only parent volunteer to show up I might add, to help with the other grades. Love me a good field day. Anyway, here are the pics.

 The blond girl he is sitting next to is Sylvia. She was famous at the beginning of the school year for having lost four teeth already. Each time Jacob lost a tooth, he would announce how many more he had to lose to catch up to her. Thank goodness we have. And the other girl is Laia (sp?) like princess Laia. Enough said.

 This is Semmes. They are good buddies.


The red head is Hunter. He and Jacob get in trouble together often at school. And it is always for "no reason at all."

My little track man. He was the only one in his class who didn't knock over the hurdles. He was quite proud.





The sponge relay. They were supposed to pass the sponge to the kid behind them and then squeeze all the water into the bucket at the end. Which ever team had the most water in the bucket won. Except they thought the goal was to squeeze it on themselves, of course. 


Soaking wet.


This last one is clearly not from field day. But this is his night time routine on the weekends. In bed, watching a movie, drink and snack next to him. Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. what is it with our family & loving/planning/being the only parent to show up to school activities? Those pics are so fun. He is so cute in his glasses and toothless grin! I am glad he caught up on the losing teeth thing. I was worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were the oonly parent volunteer! What is wrong with these other people?!?! So fun! Love field day!!!

    ReplyDelete