Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Christmas break and Christmas



 Finally got a new family pic to put in a Christmas frame.  The one in it was before Lucy and was missing Josh.  I had glued a pic of his head into it...

 Lucy got a little tired of all the bonding on Christmas day so we went outside to swing. 


 Jon's side of the family got together at his mom's assisted living residence on the 26th.
 Bradley, Bianca, Jennifer

 Rodney, Jon, me, Hallie, Jacob

 Conrad, Brad, Donna


 Jon's mom with all her kids


 Mrs. Plambeck, a 4th grade teacher Jacob had (we loved her) and I wore the same shirt accidentally one day.


 A mug a student named Jonah made me.



 Somehow the TAs have become known for our love of peanut M&Ms.  A mom who always helps out at the school brought this to us.


 Hope, the one in the middle, got us all matching shirts.  L to R:  Betsy, me, Lindsey, Hope, Brooke, Nancy



 Fellow TA Lindsey graduated during the break and her sister gave her a surprise party.  This is the group from work.  L to R in the back: Felicia, me, Nancy, Hope, Katie Cobb, Michelle Greene.  L to R front:  Lindsey, Kelly Bell, Kaylee Soelke.


 Lindsey and Nancy


 Me and Lindsey


 Good ol' Cheffie came back this year.  This was actually the last day.

 We put streamers on all the doors 

 At the sing-along:  Me, Jackson, Tyler.  Jackson does a weird thing with hie eyes that grosses me out.  

 Katie, Erin, me

 This sweet girl, Kayla, is a little awkward.  So naturally I take every opportunity to love on her, probably driving her crazy.  This day we both had on candy cane earrings.


 Felicia and me

 Kayleigh, me, Ashley

 Mckenzie and me

 Joshua, Logan, me

 5th graders

 These 5th graders were in 3rd grade when I first started working at the school in the cafeteria, and for some reason I just really bonded with the whole group.  


 Conner and me, both dressed as gingerbread people!

 This kid's name is Nicholas Cacalyris.  I love saying it.  I scream it every morning when he gets out of the car.  He loves me.


 Callie hurt her knee the week before, so I decorated her scooter.

On the last day of school, which is a half day, we have a sing-along in the gym.  All the groups/grade level teachers dress in some sort of theme.  The TAs were gingerbread again this year (so we could save money).  But we are changing next year.  #tiredofthetulle

 4th grade teachers were Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. It was so funny, they all had "hoof marks" on their faces.


The SPED, speech, and OT teachers were candles on a menora.


 The first grade teachers were a deconstructed Christmas tree.  Clearly the best was Mrs. Norton on the floor as the tree skirt.


 The LAMPS (library, art, music, PE, stem) teachers were an awkward family photo.

 The co-teachers/apex were the characters from A Year Without Christmas: Snow Miser, Mother Nature, and Heat Miser.

 The intervention teachers were snowflakes.

 I bought Laurie, Lindsey, and Felicia (all fellow morning car line duty sufferers) a cute, warm cowl and delivered them anonymously.  They still don't know who sent them.  The first day back to school, I plan to walk out to car line wearing mine for the big reveal.




 At church on Christmas Eve, helping with the 2nd graders

 Christmas eve










 I actually wrapped Santa gifts for Jacob this year because I just didn't trust him to not come down in the middle of the night.


 Hallie bought Mav and Lucy Star Wars PJs for Christmas Eve.




 Jacob had 4 pairs of shoes on his list, all coming in at about $150 each. He only got 1 pair, the blue pair in the picture up above.  One of the pairs he wanted were Timberland boots.  On Christmas Eve mom needed me to go to Walmart to pick up a few things for dinner and I saw these house shoes that look just like them for $10.


 Jon and I were at Kohl's looking for something for his mom and saw this hat "You had me at taco" (with a picture of tacos).  Jon said, "We have to get this for Abby."




 Jennifer, Jon's mom, Pam


 Conrad, Jennifer, Reed




 Reed and Brooke





 Out to eat on my birthday

 Some of us from work went out to eat and bowling while on break.  This is me and Lindsey.

 Me and Felicia

 Abby went to Dallas with her boyfriend to visit his mom.  She's wearing her taco hat!



 We ended up making cookies on New Year's Eve because Jacob had the flu before Christmas



 Jacob's friend Michael and his sister Nikki

 Me, Jacob, and Michael's mom Kristi


 The Annual Christmas Amoeba





 These two above were from Christmas eve at church.  Hallie had the 4th graders

 Laurie, Felicia, me, Lindsey at dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment