Saturday, July 22, 2017



 Jacob all packed up for his first trip without me... He went to Destin with his church group.



 Getting on the bus at 4:30 in the morning


I totally teared up when the buses pulled out. Of course I did.

 Then when we got on the road to go back home we ended up behind them on the interstate.  I almost followed him.  haha


 Mav came over one day and of course we had to go buy a toy.

Jacob went to the town fireworks with friends and decided at the last minute he needed a patriotic shirt.  Since I was NOT going to go buy one right then, he had the idea of using spray paint, which I did have.  He taped off the design himself .  I tried to help but he sighed and said, "Mom, just let me do it please." Sadness

 Hallie's next door neighbor has 3 girls, and the youngest is Mav's age.  They are best friends of course.  **Funny story:  Hollie's mom and I used to do volunteer work together.  And then after talking one day we realized that we also knew each other through a mutual friend and had been at that friend's daughter's birthday together, years before the volunteer work.  AND she used to work with Zack.  Crazy small world.



 They live in a cove so they spent the 4th there with the neighbors.  Hollie, Mav's BFF, is on the far left, and the other two are her sisters.  They were about to make tie-died shirts.


 Mav did a soccer camp (with Hollie).  At the end of the week, Hollie's mom described the experience this way, "I think Mav and Hollie had their own camp, and it didn't really involve soccer..."

This was my Mother's Day gift from Jacob-coupons.  The best ones are "go grocery shopping with you."  Now that he is old enough to stay by himself, he does that instead of going with me.  And also now that he doesn't have to go with me, I wish he was with me. So I'm constantly begging him to come. Leading up to Mother's Day, Jon kept reminding him that it was coming and to let him know if they needed to go shopping.  Jacob just kept saying, "I already know what I'm doing and it won't cost anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment