Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yes, teaching someone to tie his shoes IS that bad...


So here in the Shelby County School district, teachers are not required to teach kids how to tie their shoes.  This is completely ridiculous in my opinion because it seems to me that is a skill that would benefit the teachers more than anyone...or maybe I am just bitter because that meant that I had to do it myself...nahhhhh. But I was determined that Jacob should master this skill before entering 1st grade.  However, the following scenario will further demonstrate my point of how frustrating it is to pass this life lesson on to someone: I actually offered both Hallie and Abigail $MONEY$ to be the one to teach him (I even asked Hallie's boyfriend-I know, I am ashamed, but seriously, what young person isn't hard-up for extra cash???) ....and guess what-none of them even ATTEMPTED to try.  So there you go.  Here is a video of our progress so far (just ignore the alcoholic beverage in the background, haha, just kidding):







Random lego video...because he is so talented...

2 comments:

  1. He is So talented! I do not look forward to teaching Anderson how to tie his shoes. Maybe Jacob will be willing to accept payment in a few years & I will bring A to Memphis for a lesson. Love the videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did good.. I don't think the schools ever taught this though.. If this post it will be a miracle,3rd time..

    ReplyDelete